This project establishes a first-ever US headquarters for Tokyo-based Kowa Company. The labs and offices are located in the TK&A-designed Center for Life Science | Boston and are designed to accommodate more than 40 investigators from Kowa and its clinical partner, the Brigham and Women’s Hospital Center for Excellence in Vascular Biology.
- All labs and offices capitalize on panoramic views from the building.
- Open labs combined with adjacent specialized labs and support functions create a cohesive research environment.
- Meeting and interaction space includes a large conference room for 40-50 people and smaller, less formal break-out areas.
- Interior palette of wood tones and natural materials provides a contrast to the technology of the laboratory environment.
- Use of BIM technology facilitated remote presentation of design concepts to Kowa team in Tokyo and sped project to 10-month delivery.