This proton therapy center is the 10th in the United States and the fourth of a prototype ProCure is adapting for multiple locations around the country. The center is located on a two-acre site at the gateway to the Northwest Hospital Medical Campus and is being developed in partnership with the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
- First proton therapy center in the Pacific Northwest; capable of treating 1,400 patients with tumors of the head and neck, brain, central nervous system, and prostate each year.
- Design maximizes visual connections to the outdoors with two stories above grade and ample windows.
- Clearly marked entrance and curbside valet service support optimal patient flow.
- Hospitality-inspired interior spaces incorporate wood paneling and millwork, natural stone, original artwork, and comfortable furnishings.
- Open nursing station at the center of the building aids in orientation and provides clear access to staff. Skylights bathe patient corridor and secondary waiting areas in natural light.
- Maze entries and treatment rooms designed for patient comfort and staff efficiency.
- Facility on target to open ahead of original schedule.