This proton therapy center is the first in Illinois and the second in a network of centers developed and operated by ProCure. The facility is based on a prototype that TK&A has designed and adapted for multiple ProCure locations around the country.
- Design balances rigorous technical and operational demands with the need to create a positive patient experience.
- At full capacity, center is capable of treating 1,400 cancer patients annually in four treatment rooms: one fixed horizontal beam room, one rotating gantry room, and two inclined-beam rooms.
- Visual connection to outdoor gardens, naturally-lit interiors, child play areas, refreshment amenities, and information resources help to ease patient stress.
- Hospitality-inspired interior spaces incorporate wood paneling and millwork, natural stone, original artwork, and comfortable furnishings.
- Facility opened ahead of original schedule, setting a new record for delivery of this project type.