For its first-ever US headquarters, Kowa Company sought a sleek aesthetic that would reinforce its brand and bolster its efforts to recruit star talent from its Tokyo home office. The new lab and office space is located on the 17th floor of the TK&A-designed Center for Life Science | Boston.
- Designed to accommodate more than 40 investigators from Kowa and its clinical partner, the Brigham and Women’s Hospital Center for Excellence in Vascular Biology.
- Creates two distinct atmospheres for office and lab zones.
- Design emphasizes materiality and light—from English Sycamore paneling to glass wall systems.
- Undulating wall in reception area is inspired by Kowa’s elliptical logo and carries throughout the office space.
- Collaborative “break-out space” adjacent to the reception area features comfortable seating along with resin panels backlit by LEDs.
- Open labs combined with smaller, adjacent specialized lab and support functions provide a cohesive research environment.