Intended as the “campus family room,” the Danforth University Center provides a first-ever home for student life on campus and a new front door and public face for Washington University. The building is a vital hub of activity for the entire university community.
- Design extends Washington University’s Collegiate Gothic tradition while providing for a range of contemporary uses.
- Building offers three outdoor courtyards and plazas as well as meeting rooms, office space, lounges, and a range of dining venues.
- 5,000-square-foot Great Hall at the heart of the building is used for key student and university events.
- Contemporary interior features a palette of saturated colors and offers a variety of spaces for student, faculty, alumni, and visitor interaction.
- Integrated sustainable design approach assumed a 200-year lifespan for the building, which has received LEED-Gold certification.