The new Cuisinart Center for Culinary Excellence sets the tone for a planned major expansion and renovation of Johnson & Wales University’s Harborside campus. The building supports the university’s expanding curriculum with 30 teaching labs and classrooms and sets a new standard for culinary education in the United States and around the world.
- Highly transparent exterior showcases culinary program and offers unrestricted, sweeping views of nearby Narragansett Bay.
- Culinary environments were designed in collaboration with faculty and reflect the most advanced educational and professional practices.
- Key instructional spaces include diverse kitchen labs, a leading-edge wine tasting room, and restaurant facilities.
- Classrooms and corridors allow prospective students and visitors to observe hands-on learning.
- Plinth created from recycled asphalt elevates the building above the designated floodplain.
- Building is LEED Gold-certified with the U.S. Green Building Council and advances the university’s commitment to restoring the beauty of the Narragansett Bay shoreline.