This redevelopment of an important block in the heart of Harvard Square revitalized the neighborhood and the adjoining Colonial-period park. The complex has served as a model for development, helping to shape policies for this historic district.
- Mixed-use office, retail, residential, and parking complex.
- Two historic buildings were renovated to house restaurants, cafes, and offices.
- New seven-story structure houses retail and office tenants on lower floors and residential on upper floors.
- Materials demonstrate sensitivity to surrounding historical context.
- Brings new vibrancy to a formerly neglected historic area.
- Weaves several architectural styles into a harmonious whole.
- Extends the city's pedestrian network through the square.